What you eat is essential and reflects accurately in what you think and in your cognitive capacities.
What you eat becomes you and you becomes what you eat.an old saying
Try to eat simple and high qualitative food, avoiding flavour enhancer, stark processed food or fast food. I am sure you know that by now.
If you are not allergic, eat nuts, especially walnuts; they contain essential fatty acids like omega-3 that protect and sustain the neurones.
Fatty fish are rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids. When choosing fish, pay attention to provenience and choose low mercury varieties, such as salmon, cod, canned light tuna, and pollack. If you don’t like or eat fish, you can select a dietary supplement with omega-3 that you can also find in the vegan alternative.
Berries are rich in flavonoids, natural plant pigments that give berries their brilliant colours. Research shows they help improve memory.
Green leaves and vegetables such as kale, broccoli, and spinach are rich in brain-healthy nutrients like vitamin K, lutein, folate, and beta carotene. Research suggests these plant-based foods may help slow cognitive decline.
The quantity and quality of your sleep will also reflect in your brain health and mental capacity. To ensure a perfect relaxing sleep you should follow some steps prior to get to bed:
Establish, as far as possible, a constant rhythm of bedtime and waking hours.
- Ventilate the room well before bed, adjust the room temperature to 20 -21 C˚, establish a bedtime routine; a short walk, a shower, a tea. Decrease the light in the house.
- Avoid eating before bed, hefty foods and alcohol that could adversely affect your sleep. An apple, warm milk with spices or tea are welcome. However, too much fluid before bed can interrupt your sleep several times.
- Avoid stimulating activities before bed; fitness, jogging, computer games, books and action movies. Instead, create a relaxing atmosphere, drink a soothing tea, meditate, do breathing and muscle relaxation exercises.
- Additional, you can use a natural essence or essential oil such as lavender, lemon balm or orange, which have a calming effect, promoting sleep.
Applying these measures, will ensure you with en excellent and relaxing sleep.
Of course, these measures are not a panacea, and there are situations in which they are not enough.
In case of severe insomnia, please contact your physician to determine the most effective treatment.
It is not so much important what you practise. Exercise, fitness, jogging, yoga doesn’t matter. Crucially is that you do it regularly 2 -3 time in a week. You not a fan of intensive sports? Also long walk or nordic walking keep you in form not only bodily, but also your mentally. Your neurones will work better and be more reliable.
DO ACTIVITIES WHICH INVOLVE BOTH BRAIN HEMISPHERES
TAKE A BRAKE AND GO OUTSIDE AND FRESH YOUR MIND
Well, this is somehow similar with exercise well. However, you can do it when you are stressed or just sleepy during the day and you cannot afford to take a nap, or you don’t like napping. Go outside and breath fresh air. Enjoy the sun, or the rain. Enjoy the birds chirping. You can tap so much energy and cheerfullness from the nature.
COFFEE AND TEA – BULLETPROOF COFFEE
VITAMIN AND MINERAL SUPPLEMENTS
If you eat whole and healthy, it is not necessary to supplement with vitamins or minerals. However, if you are stressed and lack energy, or you are vegetarian vegan, you may need to supplement your diet.
B- Vitamins are very important for maintaining the human body healthy. For the brain health essential are:
- Vitamin B1, helps brain and nerves communicate,
- Folic Acid, help preserve the brain health and boosts the mood,
- Vitamin B 12, also boosts the mood and maintain the brain and nerves healthy,
- Vitamin D, maintain the nerves healthy,
- Omega-3 fatty acid, as I already spoken above,
- Magnesium, help the brain and the nervous system to function smoothly,
- Coenzyme Q10, has antioxidant properties that protect the brain.
- There are also many plants that enhance the brain functioning capacity. I will talk about them in separate article in the nutrition section.
BRAIN WELLNESS WITH ESSENTIAL OILS
TAKE A GOOD LAUGH FROM ALL YOUR HEART
Well, I think this you can manage by yourself. Meet your friends, even online, tell jokes, watch a good comedy, play with your pet.